Saturday, February 23, 2013

Darling, Let's Not See Each Other For A While


As you've probably noticed, I've spent the last several weeks working quite extensively with Matlab. In fact, I've been spending so much time with Matlab that I think the flames of our once passionate love have simmered and died away! Really, it's probably a good idea for Matlab and me to take a break from each other.

Don't get me wrong; we had a great run. I have learned many useful things and have had great fun playing around in Matlab, as evidenced by the previous post. It's just that I want to take a small break from the programming and mathematics to touch upon other subjects relevant to this project. And fear not! Matlab and I will surely be reunited. After all, I will be using him a lot more in the (near!) future. This separation is merely temporary. 

So what have I been doing during this brief hiatus? Well, I thought it would be a good idea to learn more about the data I will be analyzing. In other words, I’ve been reading a lot about the stock market and how it works. Though this knowledge may not be directly relevant to the analysis I’ll be doing, since that will mainly involve spotting and modeling trends, I do think it is worthwhile to have. Why not try to understand what the things I want to analyze actually are?

All right, that’s all I have for today.

See ya next week!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job, Lu! I am very impressed. You will have to teach me some Matlab.

    ReplyDelete